About a year ago I went shopping at Sephora in search of a good makeup removing oil, instead of an oil, I came across the Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm. Intrigued by its large packaging and the concept of a solid balm removing my makeup, i purchased it, overlooking its price tag. A little under a year later that same cleansing balm is still going strong and has become one of my staple products.
This balm is 100% fragrance free and has been allergy and ophthalmologist tested, which means that it's safe to use on the eye area. According to the packaging, this balm is lightweight and quickly dissolves tenacious face and eye makeup, including those with sunscreen. It transforms from a solid balm to a silky, fluid oil upon application. It cleans thoroughly, rinses off completely, and is non-greasy, non drying and for all skin types. Surprisingly, the label isn't lying about any of this. It is easy to use and wash off and takes off all face and eye makeup with ease. I have never broken out from this product. The only negative thing i can think of is that when I remove my eye makeup with this, despite it being ophthalmologist tested, it makes my vision a little blurry for a few seconds.
|This is what the product looks like taken straight from the container. You can see that it's a solid, opaque balm.|
You get 3.8 OZ./125 ml of product and it retails for $27.50 US. I know that this seems a little steep for a makeup remover, but I've only purchased one and a little goes a LONG way. In the 10 months that I've had it, I've used it every day I've worn makeup to remove it and there's a fairly big dent in it, but still enough left to last at least another year, therefore I think it's definitely a very good investment.
How to Use
1) To explain how this product works, I applied 5 different products to my arm.
2) Take a small amount of the product and rub it between your fingertips.
3) Start massaging the balm over the areas of your face which have makeup on it in circular motions, making sure that your face is completely dry.
4) Continue doing this until the majority of the makeup is gone. If it's smudged around, that's okay, we'll deal with that next.
5) Rinse it off by using warm water.
6) Pat your now clean, makeup free face dry, and continue with the rest of your night routine.
This can be purchased at Sephora and at any Clinique counter. Have a great day!