Thursday, September 1, 2011

Trending...

Autumn Background Source!
 Hey Everyone! 
When I think of September, I think of school, my birthday, neutral colors and jewel tones, end of Summer sales, and of course, my favorite season, autumn.  Now that summer is almost officially over, and the leaves are slowly beginning to change color, the trends are changing too, so I felt like it would be appropriate to have my first post for September be a Fall 2011 trends list. This list includes trends for beauty, nails, and hair.  As well, my good friend, and fashion maven, Lacey from SimplyLacey recently attended the rack-to-rack fun shop and wrote an entire post dedicated to this season's fashion trends, so I'll leave a link for that post at the bottom.  Let's begin... 

‘Spider Lashes’
This past season we’ve seen this sixties influenced look at Chloe, Lanvin, and Valentino’s Fall 2011 shows, and I think that it’s safe to say that this look is making a definite come back this season.  Basically, to get the ‘Spider Lash effect’ curl your lashes, apply at least 3 coats of voluminous mascara, then comb them with an eye lash comb.

‘Rich, Metallic Lids’
That’s right, this season, metallic eye shadows are in.  You can find many different complete palettes at both department and drugstores to create a metallic smoky eye. 

‘Winged Eye liner’ 
I personally love winged eye liner, and I’m glad that it’s back as a Fall trend.  To achieve this look I recommend using either a gel or liquid liner.  For beginners, I’d recommend gel because it’s much easier to use and a little more fool proof.  Liquid liner, is a little messier especially if you don’t have a steady hand, and it takes some getting used to.

‘Red Rules!’
I am so excited for this particular lipstick trend!  I’ve written a post all about fiery lips including how to choose your perfect red lipstick, how to apply it, and more. I don’t want to repeat myself, so for more on this particular trend, click here.  

‘Pastel Lips’
I always find that during Fall, red/darker lips are always more popular, so I’m glad that pastel lips are a Fall trend this year!  It just goes to show that pastel is not just for spring time!

 ‘Bold Brows’
Bold brows are definitely very popular this fall.  To achieve the bold brows look you can use brow powder/pencil. For my review on the Anastasia brow powder duo, click here.  Also, a way to achieve the bold brow look is to use a brow comb and brush your brow hair upwards. 

'Unique Nails' 
This season, don't be afraid to get really crafty with your nails!  Nail designs such as the one in the picture linked here were very popular on the runway.  Experiment with color blocking, textures, and design to create a fabulously unique nail.

Popular Fall Nail Colors
Crimson/Mauve/Deep Purple//Grey/Neutrals

‘Braids’
As for hair trends, any type of braid is popular for this Fall.  If you want me to make a couple braid tutorial videos for you guys, let me know in the comments below! 

‘Teased Hair’
Teased hair is all the rage this Fall.  It’s a look that I’ve seen on many celebrities and on the runway lately.  If you’d like me to post a few ‘teased hair’ tutorials, leave a comment below! 

‘Pony Tails’
Pony tails are very big this Fall, everything from the sleek high pony tail, to the messy side tail. 

For Lacey's Fashion Trends list for Fall 2011, click here

That is it for this trends list.  I hope ya'll found it helpful and informative.  If you have anything to add or you feel like I missed anything, please let me know below.  If you want to see any tutorials featuring the above trends, let me know below as well.  Have a fierce day, 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the amazing fall advice and the shoutout Kels! Welcome back to the blogging community, all my love, lacey <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! I thought that your Fall fashion advice was fantastic, i couldn't NOT link it. Thank you, glad to be back! ♥ - Kels

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...