Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mint Green Obsession!

Mint Craze

Mint Craze by misscouture17 featuring high heels
 Hey everyone,
Bright and pastel colours have been really hot for spring and summer this year.  Everywhere you turn you can see people embracing these trends and daring to sport their brightest clothes!  One trending colour that I personally am loving right now is mint green clothing, as well as accessories!

 This colour has been rocked not only by the good people of Toronto and all over the world, but by celebrities as well and has been seen all over the runways.  I feel like mint is the kind of colour that can suit any skin tone, it's all about finding the right shade of mint for you.  Personally, I find that with my light skin tone right now, lighter shades of mint (like the shade of the dress and jeans in the above photo) suit me best.  

Not only are mint green clothes and accessories in right now, but mint green makeup (I mean eye shadow, not lipstick, haha!) and nail polish.  For those less adventurous with using bright colours for their makeup, Ingrid shows you how to add a subtle touch of this trending colour on your eyes for a beautiful pop of mint here.  I'm currently on the hunt for a gorgeous mint eye shadow - I know Inglot carries one but I can't get any Inglot products in Canada, so if you guys know of a mint green eye shadow - high end or low end - please let me know below! 

Lastly, I feel like mint green is a subtle enough colour to be worn during the day, but can be glammed up and worn at night - such as pairing black skinnies, cute booties, and a black tank with the mint green blazer shown above - like Kaley Cuoco.  Below i'm going to show you some pictures of various people and celebrities wearing mint green to give you some ideas of how to style mint clothing/accessories:

Kaley Cuoco (wearing the blazer shown above!)

Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere
Kendall Jenner

Source
Mags from The Smart Girl Fashion Guide
Rachel McAdams

What do you think of the mint green trend?  Love it or leave it?


13 comments:

  1. I love the color mint! I really need at least one mint item for this season because it is such a gorgeous color!

    http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a beautiful colour, I completely agree!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  2. I love how Emily styled that mint blouse, gorgeous!! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Emily has amazing style, and I feel like that outfit is appropriate for work which is why I included it! Thanks for commenting :)
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  3. I am so in love with mint right now!! The blazer and nails you've shown above are lovely!

    Both Kaley Cuoco and Rachel McAdams look amazing too!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore that blazer and how Kaley Cuoco (or her stylist)styled it! Rachel McAdams dress is beautiful, the only thing I don't like is how she paired the dress with a red lip...it just seems too Christmasy to me. Thank you for your lovely comment, Em!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  4. LOVE Mint, you have great style <3

    Brooke x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green looks fabulous. Thank you for this post.

    Marielle of wholesale avirex

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...