Friday, October 14, 2011

NARS Dolce Vita blush: review and swatches!


Hey Everyone!
Ever since the first moment I swatched it on my hand at my local Sephora, I've been in love with NARS Dolce Vita blush.  The color, pigmentation, and over all finish make it the perfect every day Autumn blush color, and has quickly become a staple blush in my collection. 
Dolce Vita - Flash
Dolce Vita is known world wide as a universally flattering shade.  I would describe it as a dark dusty rose color, and in the pan it looks slightly purple toned.  Something that i was a little afraid of when I first looked at it in the pan was that it would look muddy on my skin, but that was not the case at all.  This blush gives a very nice, natural flush of color if applied with a light hand and lasts all day.  This blush in the pan has a very minimal amount of shimmer in it, but once applied looks completely matte without looking chalky, which is a plus for those looking for an every day blush sans all the glitter.

Dolce Vita - No flash

Here you can see the little shimmers in this blush
Dolce Vita glides on very easily, and is very heavily pigmented.  The saying "a little goes a long way" is definitely something to keep in mind with this particular blush.  It does not take a lot to over do it with this, so if you do not have a light hand, i would not recommend purchasing this color.

Heavy swatch, followed by a very light swatch - no flash

Heavy Swatch, followed by a light swatch - Flash
You can see how matte it looks swatched.

Over all, it's a stunning every day color, but can be used for night as well, just apply a shimmery high lighter like benefit high beam or even watt's up (which i will be reviewing shortly)!  If you're looking for a berry colored blush which does have glitter, i recommend NARS Sin blush.  These blushes retail for $27 US, and $29 CND. 

A good dupe for NARS Dolce Vita blush is ELF's Blushing Rose blush
For a full review on NARS blushes in general including measurements click HERE!
For my review on NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick click HERE!

What's your favorite Autumn blush?  Let me know below!

4 comments:

  1. Great post Kels! I will definatley check out this blush next time in Sephora! Keep up the amazing work!

    Lacey xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lacey, it's always nice to log in and see one of your kind comments waiting for me on one of my posts! - xox, Kels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads
    up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not
    sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

    Also visit my webpage - ford ranger

    ReplyDelete
  4. A�But in fact, the history of Legos toys dates back many more years.

    With all of the technological advances made by toy makers and manufacturers,
    the word "toy" means something completely different than it did
    to the past generations. With so many different characters, the option to play
    the story as a villain, and so many activities to do on Lego Batman,
    it can be played over and over.

    My website www.overkalixgymnasium.se

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...