Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Revlon CustomEyes Palette: Naturally Glamorous 020 - Review & Swatches!

Hey everyone,
 I've never bought eye shadow from Revlon before, so a couple weeks ago I decided to purchase this palette based off of my amazing previous experience with this brand.  I'm not going to lie, at first I wasn't too impressed with the CustomEyes palette.  To me it was your average drugstore neutral shadow palette with decent pigmentation and easily dupable shades, but I have really grown to love this little guy.



These shadows have a really interesting quilted design on them, which makes this palette visually appealing.  (That is actually what caught my eye first).  And this palette opens up horizontally, which I found quite unique. This palette is fairly small and contains 5 shadows that can be used to create a daytime look as well as a bronze smokey eye so it's very convenient for traveling and a great palette for beginners. 

(From L-R: #5, #4, #3, #2, #1)
 This palette includes 5 complimentary neutral shades which can be used to create a variety of looks and a little sponge applicator...which I find to be completely useless.  Included are a deep chocolate brown with grey undertones, a coppery bronze, a champagne highlight shade, a medium brown bronzey shade and a lighter, rusty bronze shade, all of which have a shimmery finish.


 When I first applied these shades with an eye shadow brush, the pigmentation didn't transfer very well onto my lid, much to my dismay.  So I stuck it in the back of my eye shadow section and ignored it for a while.  A few days ago though, I went to watch Olympic Beach Volleyball Qualifiers with my friend and slept over at her house that night, so I was quickly packing some stuff and threw this palette in my bag.  That night we were getting ready to go out, and I took this palette out and did a 2 minute eye look using only this palette and my fingers. ..and it turned out pretty amazing.  What I learned from that experience is that you will get the best colour payoff from this palette if you apply it with (clean) fingers!  (Just for reference I took shade #1 and put it all over my lid, shade #4 on outer half of lid and blended together, shade #5 into outer V and smudged a little into lash line and shade #3 as highlight)

These colours are very blendable and have a very smooth texture, which is really impressive for drugstore shadows.  Unfortunately, shade #5 (the dark chocolate brown) doesn't have the best pigmentation as you can see in the above swatch, but I still use it sometimes.



Over all, I'm pretty impressed with Naturally Glamorous, and Revlon never ceases to amaze me with their great quality products.  The CustomEyes palette retails between $6-$10 at most drugstores.  If you're looking for an inexpensive everyday travel-friendly eyeshadow palette, give this one a try!

What's your go-to summer eyeshadow look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...