Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag?!


Hi guys!
I'm off to the beach with a few friends in a couple days, and I'm going to be staying for 5 days, so I'm really excited about that.  Before I leave on any vacation I like to pack my makeup bag a few days in advance, and use only the products in that bag just to make sure I have everything I'll need.  I've been getting ready out of this bag for a few days and I'm pretty sure I have absolutely everything I'll be needing, so I thought I'd show you guys what is in my travel makeup bag!



So, I've used this cute, metallic silver weaved Clinique bag to store all of my makeup for this trip and in it I'm keeping all of the makeup I'm bringing, as well as a couple tools and essentials.  This may seem like a lot of makeup to some of you, but I will be staying for a few days and as well as swimming, chilling and playing beach volleyball, we will be going out at night and going to dinners etc. so I'm sure I'll get much use out of every product I bring with me.  So without further adieu, here is what I'm bringing with me while I travel:

Starting with the boring tools first, I have my adorable pink Tweezerman tweezers, some eye lash curlers from, I believe Clinique but don't quote me on that, and of course, a few cotton swabs in case I need to touch up my eye liner or mascara.  All pretty basic stuff...now lets get onto the more interesting stuff!


 - So, here we have the Queen of HG makeup products for me, my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation...I plan to wear this if we go to clubs or out to dinner..just something with a little heavier coverage.  
- My MAC Studio Fix powder to set my foundation/BB Cream, 
- Of course my Maybelline Dream Fresh Tinted Moisturizer oh, wait, I mean "BB Cream", for the beach
- Diorskin Nude concealer for my under eye circles and blemishes

 As for miscellaneous face products, I brought:
-Benefit High Beam, this is more for dinners and nights outs
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Brunette
- NARS Deep Throat blush.  I forced myself to limit myself to bringing only one blush product, so I chose Deep Throat as it gives my cheeks a beautiful natural glow. 

 - My Arbonne Makeup Primer, which is my favourite face primer ever and a complete essential for me during the hot, summer months.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen; this is my face sunscreen.

 MAC To The Beach body oil in Man Ray has become a beach necessity for me, it adds the most beautiful glow to wherever it's applied!

 -For this trip, I brought a waterproof and non-waterproof mascara, and they are both coincidentally from the brand Maybelline - Mega Plush Volum' Express on the left, and One by One waterproof on the far right. 
- I also brought the Tarte emphasEYES amazonian clay waterproof gel liner in Black.

 - The only eye shadow I'm bringing is my Urban Decay NAKED palette, as it contains a variety of different shadows suitable for both day and night time looks.
- As well, I brought a mini UD primer potion
(Actually, when I first opened the primer it was completely empty, so I tried (and failed) to cut it open to see if the product was just stuck - hence the broken packaging.  So for this trip, I squeezed some of the primer from my normal sized UD Primer Potion into this travel size to make it more convenient)!

 As for lip products, I decided to keep everything pretty natural and limited myself to a couple products.
- EOS Lipbalm in Summerfruit
- Tarte Lip Surgence lip stain in Enchanted
- Buxom lip gloss in Destiny, a beautiful shimmery peachy shade.

 Lastly, I'm wearing Essie's Cute As A Button on my finger nails, so I decided to bring it along in my makeup bag for touch ups throughout the trip!


So, as well as this post, I will also be doing a What's in my travel purse, beach bag and a 'what I'm packing' post which will be set to auto publish while I'm gone, so be sure to look for that!

What do you keep in your travel makeup bag?

  

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I see a lot of my favorites!! I hear you on limiting the blush, I've been on a kick myself with that as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily!♥
      I just have trouble limiting myself period! While I was packing I kept thinking to myself, "maybe I need CORAlista, maybe I should bring some bright eye shadow too, what if I need a pink lipstick" Very ,very frustrating, haha!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  2. aah I love your blog!<3 I will be doing one of these posts soon for going to France.(: You have amazing posts!<3
    Love, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet! Thank you, Grace! ♥
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  3. I love your blog and thank you so much for reading my post and commenting! I am now a new follower of yours. BTW I also carry around my naked in my travel bag as well as the lid primer, eos, and a lip stain :)

    dianaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yaay, twinsies! Thanks for following! :)
      xx, Kels

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...