Sunday, March 25, 2012

NARS Place Vendôme Larger than Life Lipgloss Review and Swatches

Hey everyone,
I find that quality opaque lip glosses are very hard to come by.  Brands claim to have come out with quality full coverage lip glosses, but personally, i always seem to end up disappointed.  That is, until the NARS Larger Than Life lip glosses were released.  I saw these in Sephora one day, and immediately had my eyes set on Place Vendôme.  After looking up swatches online, and swatching it for myself it went on my Christmas list, and I was so happy to receive it.


 Place Vendôme is a vivid raspberry shade that I absolutely love, especially for Autumn.  What i love about it is that it's an alternative to the classic red lip color, but i feel like it can be pulled off during the day.  The coverage on this is fabulous; it gives the opacity of a lipstick without sacrificing the glossiness of a lipgloss.


The packaging is different than NARS regular lip glosses as the container is glass as opposed to plastic.   Another difference between the larger than life glosses and regular glosses is the applicator.  These lip glosses have a really tiny applicator which i don't like.  I can see why they changed it since the pigmentation on these are so great and if you get any on the skin around your mouth it will stain your skin (with this particular gloss) a really faded raspberry color, so, the applicator makes it easier to apply this gloss in a more precise way.  That being said, since it is so small you have to dip the brush in the container several times to get a decent amount of product on your lips.  The only other negative thing I have to say about this gloss is that it is kind of sticky, but that is to be expected, and it is not nearly as sticky as MAC lip glasses.


I don't find these to have any scent, which is a positive for those sensitive to scent or who have a problem with the scent of the regular lip glosses, which have a really disgusting plastic smell.  Wear time with this gloss is about 3-4 hours, but the shine begins to fade after about 2-3 hours of wear and i haven't had a problem with this gloss feathering.  I have a problem with lipsticks and glosses leaving my lips feeling dry and cracked, but i don't have that problem with this gloss.  I did some research and found that the Larger Than Life glosses contain a number of ingredients to nourish the lips and also fight free radicals, which is great.

It's a little more raspberry-ish in person.

These retail for $26 US and $30 CND, which is quite reasonable considering the quality of the glosses.  I really hope to purchase Piree and Cosmo in the future.

What do you think of these lip glosses?     


      

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog =) and for your lovely comment !

    This Nars lipgloss is a very pretty shade =)

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's the perfect alternative to the classic red!

      xx, Kels

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...