Sunday, November 6, 2011

EOS lip balm - Summer Fruit review

Hey Everyone!
EOS lip balm comes from the brand ‘Evolution of Smooth’.  EOS is a spherical shaped lip balm which comes in a variety of different flavours.  EOS claims to be 95% organic and 100% natural.  Each lip balm is formulated differently and therefore offers different benefits.  In today’s post, I’m going to be reviewing the flavour ‘Summer Fruit’.  


Summer Fruit offers a number of different benefits and is 100% natural.  The lip balm is paraben, gluten and petrolatum free.  The list of ingredients includes jojoba oil, Shea butter, and antioxidant-rich vitamin E to provide you with long lasting moisture, an added bonus is that this is cruelty free.   This lip balm glides on clear, and is kind of waxy in texture.  I usually prefer thicker, 'vaseline like' lip balms like my rosebud salve as I feel like they do a better job moisturizing but I actually don’t mind this. 

As for how well it moisturizes, it’s not bad.  It provides a decent amount of moisture and keeps my lips smooth.  I’m a lip balm addict and I’m pretty sure I’ve used every lip balm ever invented and this doesn’t moisturize as well as some that I’ve tried, but it gets the job done.  

The EOS lip balms come in an ‘egg shaped’ container, which makes it very cute, unique and very easy to find in your bag.  The color of the container coordinates with the flavour of lip balm inside, so Summer Fruit’s packaging is a dark pink.  I like the packaging; I think that it’s unique and fun to pull out of your bag and use.  The container twists off to reveal the lip balm, which takes the form of a hemisphere in the container.  It doesn’t twist up so basically what you see is what you get.  This lip balm does smell like Summer Fruit, and I really love the smell in the container, but it also has a waxy smell to it which lingers on the lips.  


I searched for this lip balm for months, but it always seemed to be sold out wherever I went.  Now that I own it, and have used it, would I say it’s worth all the hype?  Maybe.  The fact that this has so many benefits makes it worth all the hype for sure, but it doesn’t moisturize as well as some lip balms I’ve tried.  If you already have pretty moisturized lips and only a slight problem with chapping then you will love this lip balm.  If you have crazy chapped, cracked lips I’d recommend something a little more hard core moisturizing like rosebud salve or carmex.  


These retail for $3.29 US, and a little under $5 CND and comes in 6 flavours.   Each lip balm has different benefits, so check out the EOS website for more information on the benefits of each lip balm here.   EOS also has 3 gift sets on their online website, which includes one containing 2 limited edition flavours.  I think that these lip balms/sets would be great stocking stuffers! 

What’s your favourite lip balm?  

7 comments:

  1. This balm is super, the whole package is stunning..I should try it as soon as possible!!

    Kisses,Marilena from Greece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish they would sell EOS in England, I wanna try these out sooo much!!
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celeste, It was so hard to get a hold of here in Canada! EOS can be purchased online at http://store.evolutionofsmooth.com/ but I'm not sure if they ship internationally.
    Grace, i couldn't agree more!

    thanks for commenting girls! ♥ - Kels

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to try EOS. It comes in a great package.

    http://liveoutloud14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the sphere is absolutely adorable! :) Thanks for commenting! - Kels

    ReplyDelete
  6. This lip balm cute than ever,but I never tried,I only look at review. I want to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cute! I would definitely recommend picking one of these babies up when you get a chance! Thanks for commenting :)
      xx, Kels

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...